Proudly serving Maine, our Methadone clinics provide adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
In order for lasting recovery to be achieved, individuals must receive support and treatment for both the physical and psychological components of their dependency upon opioids. Because of this, Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Center of Maine provides effective medication assisted treatment and therapeutic interventions. Medication assisted treatment is designed to safely eliminate the physical symptoms of withdrawal which provides patients the mental clarity that is required in order to focus on the reminder of their recovery. Therapeutic interventions, such as individual therapy, allow patients to address and process the root causes of their addictive behaviors in order to appropriately prepare for a future that is substance-free. Individual therapy allows patients to progress in their treatment alongside a compassionate counselor who is specifically trained in the field of addiction and recovery. These individual sessions are designed to provide patients with the following:
- Identifying past traumatic events that may have aided in the development of addictive behaviors
- Developing new viewpoints relating to the obvious as well as potential underlying causes of addiction
- Creating new and healthy ways to handle stressful situations that do not include the use of opioids
- Handling setbacks and/or accomplishments throughout the course of treatment in an appropriate manner
- Formulating new ways for handling situations in which opioid use may be available and tempting
- Establishing new personal goals
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
Once a patient understands why he or she turned to the abuse of opioids in the first place, progressing towards a future that is substance-free becomes achievable. Individual therapy provides patients with the space to safely navigate through their behaviors and emotions while efficiently progressing towards recovery.
Patients who utilize individual therapy during treatment report that they have experienced the following:
- Increased levels of self-confidence
- Improved self-esteem
- Lower levels of stress
- An increased sense of self-awareness
When patients are given the opportunity to discuss their addiction and behaviors in a safe environment with a highly trained counselor, they can advance in their treatment. Individual therapy also provides the opportunity to work through any questions or issues that may arise throughout the course of treatment.
Please contact Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Center of Maine today if you or someone that you love is battling an addiction to opioids. Our compassionate team of addiction treatment experts is here to assist you in achieving the healthy, happy, and substance-free life that you deserve to be living.